Now, this is where I must hang my head in shame. You must add Mr. Linky to any Spring Reading Thing posts. Sadly, I couldn't figure out how to do this. Sigh. For the time being, I'll put my Spring Reading List on my side bar.
This Spring Reading Challenge is great. I'm always up for any excuse to read some more. So here is my list of 5 books I'll commit to reading. The more I thought about it, I'm just keeping this specific reading list to adult books only. I read alot of children's and YA novels for my writing research and my weekly Strong Girl Role Models of Children's Literature List and it hardly seems fair to put books I'm intending on reading anyway into a list for a Spring Reading Challenge:
So, here's my Spring Reading Thing 2007 List of Five Adult Books:
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ayi
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
- The Language of Baklava by Diana Abu-Jaber
- Julie & Julie by Julie Powell
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseini--This book doesn't come out until May 22nd and the challenge ends June 21st...I have been waiting for another book by the talented writer of Kite Runner for a long, long time.