Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring Reading Thing 2007 hosted by Callapidder Days

I found out about an interesting spring reading challenge from In The Pages. For complete rules for the Spring Reading Thing 2007, go over to Callapidder Days. You'll find links to other people and their lists. Wow, looks like the count is up to 96 now. If anything, Callapidder Days, you deserve an award for getting all these wonderful people to commit to reading their spring book lists. Well done!

Now, this is where I must hang my head in shame. You must add Mr. Linky to any Spring Reading Thing posts. Sadly, I couldn't figure out how to do this. Sigh. For the time being, I'll put my Spring Reading List on my side bar.

This Spring Reading Challenge is great. I'm always up for any excuse to read some more. So here is my list of 5 books I'll commit to reading. The more I thought about it, I'm just keeping this specific reading list to adult books only. I read alot of children's and YA novels for my writing research and my weekly Strong Girl Role Models of Children's Literature List and it hardly seems fair to put books I'm intending on reading anyway into a list for a Spring Reading Challenge:

So, here's my Spring Reading Thing 2007 List of Five Adult Books:
  1. Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ayi
  2. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
  3. The Language of Baklava by Diana Abu-Jaber
  4. Julie & Julie by Julie Powell
  5. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseini--This book doesn't come out until May 22nd and the challenge ends June 21st...I have been waiting for another book by the talented writer of Kite Runner for a long, long time.

11 comments:

Michelle Liebgott-Osinga said...

To link your post you should click on its title, and then it should come on the screen as a sigle post (separated from your blog.) Then you just link the url from that post, not your blog url. I hope that is understandable. I am very interested Infidel (I am Dutch and American.) I also keep seeing references to The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I look forward to your reviews.

HipWriterMama said...

Thanks Michelle for your helpful information. I'm actually okay when it comes to the linking of posts...I was baffled with Mr. Linky. What is his purpose? Sadly, I seem to be lacking the ability to figure him out.

Thank you so much for dropping by.

Liz in Ink said...

Love this idea. I'm going to see if I can hone my list and log in for some fun...

nowheymama said...

Ooh, The Memory Keeper's Daughter is a great read. I especially liked that it's set in Lexington, KY, where we used to live, and Pittsburgh, which is an hour away from where we live now.

nina said...

I have an equally short list of adult reads because I too read a lot of children's picture books both fiction and non-fiction. I will be lucky to read the books I have listed. Good luck to you. I just discovered your blog via Whimsy Books. I will look around a bit.

HipWriterMama said...

Nina, Thank you for visiting. I'm so glad you stopped by.

___________________

NoWheyMama, I'm glad you liked the book The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I keep hearing good things about it so I'm looking forward to reading this.

___________________

Liz, Put your list together and join me (and the other 100+ people now) in this spring reading challenge. It'll be fun.

Katrina said...

Thanks for joining the Spring Reading Thing! I've heard mixed reviews about The Memory Keeper's Daughter and hope to read it myself one of these days -- the premise sounds so intriguing. Enjoy your books!

Jennifer said...

Julia and Julie is what got me into blogging!!! It was a fascinating premise and very clever.

Deena said...

I'm interested in your review of The Memory Keeper's Daughter and Julia and Julie...both sound intriguing...

HipWriterMama said...

Deena,
Hopefully I'll get around to reading the books and writing the reviews soon. These books are just sitting there, begging to be read.

___________


Jennifer,
My sister sent me this book and told me it was very good.

_____________

Katrina,
You should be commended for getting so many people excited to read their books.

Boltbabe said...

I'll be...I am not familiar with a single title on your list. *smacks forehead with palm of hand*

I most certainly will have to come back here and check out your reviews!