Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2007

5 Non-Kid Lit Blogs I Read

I've been tagged by Franki and Mary Lee from A Year of Reading for a fun meme--Name 5 non-kid lit blogs I read--created by A Chair, A Fireplace and a Tea Cozy. Liz B. tagged Mother Reader, who tagged A Year of Reading, who tagged me.

I can only mention five? Oh. My. Well. Here are the top Five Non-Kid Lit Blogs I Really Enjoy:

1. FoodChair - I love this blog. Callipygia melds her own stunning drawings with beautiful writing for flavor busting posts that simply leave my mouth watering for more. She writes alot about her remembrances of various food experiences and interesting recipes she has discovered in her journey to find the perfect flavors. Anyone who can make sardine sandwiches sound delectable is someone I'm planning on visiting for a long time.

2. Sourdough Monkey Wrangler - I discovered Monkey Wrangler's blog via FoodChair. Monkey Wrangler is a former geologist turned stay at home dad who goes on interesting food adventures. He cooks up a storm with homemade goodies such as sourdough bread, sourdough pretzels, quiche, pizza. It's worth a visit to just read about Monkey Wrangler's attempts at making things such as homemade sea salt and ginger ale. Whoa!

3. Notes from the Trenches
- Chris has seven kids. Yes, seven. Did I mention she homeschools her seven kids? This supermom writes touching and funny posts about life in her household.

4. Saints and Spinners - I recently discovered Alkelda the Gleeful's blog. I admit a certain fascination with this creative, fun storyteller's posts on saints and puppet shows. And Alkelda the Gleeful's name just makes me smile.

5. decor8 - Since moving into my home over a year ago, I'm in a constant state of searching for new ways to breathe life into the sad state of the decorating mess in my home. This cool design blog has beautiful pictures and quite an intensive resource of links to other places I can visit. So while I don't live in House Beautiful, I can certainly dream.


I think everyone I know in the kid lit blogosphere has been tagged. So I'll just cruise around and check out all the different responses.

4 comments:

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Thanks for the shout-out!

HipWriterMama said...

You're welcome. So glad to have discovered your blog.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I'm glad you have discovered yours, too. I'm not sure, but I think I have MotherReader to thank for that.

Mary Lee said...

Thanks for taking up the non-kid-lit-blog challenge. It's so fun to see another side of each blogger's personality...and find great new blogs! I LOVE Saints and Spinners! I'm Alkelda the Gleeful's newest fan!