Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Finally Have a Copy...of...Yellow Star!!

I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Today, I received a notice from the library. I just love libraries. It was my turn to read Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy. There have been so many wonderful reviews of this book. I hope I haven't gotten my hopes up too high.

But I have already gotten sucked in, just from the flap:

In 1939, the Germans invaded the town of Lodz, Poland, and moved the Jewish population into a small part of the city called a ghetto. As the war progressed, 270,000 people were forced to settle in the ghetto under impossible conditions.

At the end of the war, there were about 800 survivors. Of those who survived, only twelve were children. This is a story of one of the twelve.

You'll just have to wait to see if this makes it to my weekly Sunday's List of Strong Girls in Children's Literature. For some reason, I have a feeling it will head up the list.

1 comment:

franki said...

Do let us know what you think when you are finished. I am sure you will love it. It was one of my absolute favorites.. An amazing story. We got to meet the author at a local bookstore. The story is about her aunt. Keep us posted!
Franki
www.readingyear.blogspot.com