Welcome!


Thanks so much for visiting HipWriterMama, my blog about children's books, authors and readergirlz!

It's time for a change. I've decided to focus my attention on my writing blog, www.vivianleemahoney.com. Hope to see you there!

Pages

Friday, January 12, 2007

Finally, The Message

I just finished the YA novel, I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak late last night. So different in style from Zusak's book, The Book Thief. Just as amazing and thought provoking in a quieter way. I couldn't sleep last night. Couldn't stop thinking. About all the possibilities out there. Who knew that an enigmatic book full of dark turns would get me thinking. Warning: If you haven't read the book, and you don't want your reading experience to be sullied by any commentary whatsoever, just skip right on to the last paragraph. It's okay. No worries.

The book's Message to me. We are all capable of more than we think we are. For random acts of kindness. For not looking the other way when someone needs help. For forgiving our past, learning and moving on. For compassion for others. For forgiving others. For getting involved. For knowing what we want and achieving it. Ponder that for a moment. And act. Deliver your Message to yourself, to your loved ones, or to people you just always wanted to reach out to, but just didn't. Not necessarily the way Ed Kennedy, Zusak's character, sometimes delivered his messages. I'm sure there are more creative, peaceful ways for letting your Message be heard. As for When? Ed Kennedy would tell you, "You'll know when the time is right."

My Message to you is this. Believe in yourself.

2 comments:

Roz said...

Wow, sounds like an amazing book. I'll have to get it.

Callipygia said...

I admit I didn't realize YA books had the ability to be so thought provoking for adults. Sounds really powerful